Re: TDNet vs. EBSCO Marshall, Susan 25 May 2004 22:58 UTC

Kathy,

I have found the A-Z list provided by Serials Solutions to be very good.
You activate your subscribed titles in the client center and Serials
Solutions
provides you with the links in a searchable A to Z listing. You also can go
in and change your
"holdings" dates for each title as needed.

This A to Z listing is also the knowledgebase for their Link resolver
product, Article Linker.

As an extendibility to Article Linker, we are looking at putting our
Article Linker URL in our SIRSI catalog for all titles with ISSN's so that
we won't have to maintain
static links in our 856 fields.  Another advantage to this is that it will
also provide links for our print titles
that appear in aggregators.

Serials Solutions has great customer service and can make upgrades to their
products fairly quickly based on the needs of the field.  They listen.

Sue Marshall
Electronic Resources Librarian
Renne Library
Montana State University