Thank you, Re: Taylor & Francis. Christopher Allen Waldrop 11 May 2004 17:37 UTC

Thank you to everyone who replied to my query regarding problems
with Taylor & Francis.

What I've learned is that Taylor & Francis's Philadelphia office
seems to be having some trouble with the company that enters the
payments at their lockbox in Chicago. Because this company isn't
actually part of Taylor & Francis there's a strong possibility that
renewal notices sent with our payments aren't being forwarded to
Taylor & Francis. One suggestion I've gotten from the Taylor &
Francis customer service department in Philadelphia is that we send
our checks directly to them. However, they seem to have a small
number of staff. Between their voice mail system malfunctioning in
April and the overwhelming number of calls they receive on a
regular basis they're not even able to return customers' phone
calls. Given the amount they already have to do I don't see how
mailing our payments to them directly would make things any better.

The best option seems to be going through a vendor, which I'll do
with any subscriptions that aren't cancelled before 2005.
Unfortunately with 2004 subscriptions that have already been paid
I'm going to have to continue waiting for our accounting department
to provide the proof of payment, and hope, once I have it, that
Taylor & Francis will still honor what we've paid for.

--On Monday, May 03, 2004 5:07 PM -0400 Gracemary Smulewitz