Re: A & I Database title overlap program? P V Picerno 11 May 2004 18:41 UTC

Serials Solutions offers such as tool as part of their services, and Journal
Web Cite was offering a similar tool before they folded over a year ago.
There may be other stand-along tools out there, and depending on your ILS
there may be some such capability within it for overlap comparisons.

Peter Picerno

Dr. Peter V. Picerno
Scarborough-Phillips Library
St. Edward's University
3001 South Congress Ave
Austin  TX  78704-6489
512.464.8825
fax 512.448.8737

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Marshall, Susan
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 11:46 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] A & I Database title overlap program?

Colleagues,

    I am trying to find out if there is a program available that will run a
comparison of titles indexed between two index and abstract databases.
This can be used as a collection development tool. For example, we
would like to know what percentage of overlap occurs between
the Anthropological Index Online and InfoTrac's OneFile.

I realize that other factors need to be considered when camparing
databases of this nature such as how a database is indexed, but for
a rough estimate of overlap it would be nice to have...

Anyone know of a tool that can do this?

Sue Marshall
Electronic Resources Librarian
Renne Library