Re: authenticate/security Steve Oberg 30 Jun 2004 16:22 UTC

Irma,

Taylor University uses EZProxy and it works very smoothly for us.  We
have it set up so that all links for licensed content go through the
proxy server, whether you're accessing them from on-campus or
off-campus.  On-campus users navigate directly to the resource but when
off-campus users do the same -- because the proxy server will
automatically detect their IP address as off-campus -- they are
presented with an interim authentication screen before they are allowed
access to the licensed resource.  We also have some distance ed. users
who access licensed content through Blackboard and they are also able
to route through EZPrxoxy.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Electronic Resources Librarian &