Re: cancellation of print subscriptions Skwor, Jeanette 15 Jul 2004 14:25 UTC

***We've not had this problem (yet?), but definitely would like to hear
more about this.   Please share with the list.

Jeanette L. Skwor
Serials Dept.
Cofrin Library
University of Wisconsin - Green Bay
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
(920) 465-2670

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Kira Haimovsky
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 8:20 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU

Hi everyone,
we are planning to shift our collection of journals from print to
electronic as much as possible, but just doing some preliminary checking
I discovered that in many cases we are not allowed to cancel print, only
convert to online, even when we have multiple subscriptions to the same
title for our 3 libraries (this is the first thing I would like to
eliminate).
Could some of you who went thru this process share your experience? For
example, have you cancelled print subscriptions for Project Muse titles
and were there problems with any participating publishers?
Which other publishers (Sage, Blackwell, Cambridge UP, etc) made the
cancellations difficult or impossible?
I would appreciate your input

Kira Haimovsky
Head, Serials & Electronic Resources Dept.
Fordham University Library
441 E. Fordham Rd.
Bronx, NY 10458
tel: 718-817-3534