Re: ALCTS Continuing Resources Cataloging Committee Dickerson, Eugene (NIH/NLM) 29 Jul 2004 14:20 UTC

Oops! I copied this without noticing the typo.  The correct name for the
committee is now the Continuing Resources Cataloging Committee, and, to
clarify, we're still a Serials Section committee.  Sorry for the confusion.

Gene Dickerson

-----Original Message-----
From: Dickerson, Eugene (NIH/NLM)
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 5:32 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] ALCTS Continuing Resources Cataloging Committee

Posting this message on behalf of the chair, Cathy Weng.

Gene Dickerson

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that the Committee to Study Serials Cataloging,
Serials Section, ALCTS, has changed its name to Continue Resources
Cataloging Committee.

The Continue Resources Cataloging Committee is charged to serve as a forum
for discussion of all issues related to the cataloging of continuing
resources in all formats. To identify, discuss, and propose solutions to
problems related to the cataloging of continuing resources. To make
recommendations to the Committee on Cataloging: Description and Access
(CC:DA), MARBI (Machine-Readable Bibliographic Information), and other
appropriate bodies on cataloging rules, communication formats, standards,
and similar matters, related to the cataloging of continuing resources. To
promote and to serve as a venue for the exchange of information among the
Committee, the Library of Congress, the CONSER Program, CC:DA, MARBI, and
the continuing resources cataloging community. To maintain liaison, as
appropriate, with other ALA units and with relevant outside agencies having
similar interests.

The members on the Committee will continue to work hard to bring good
programs to ALA. Please watch for program announcements prior to ALA
conferences.

Cathy Weng
Chair, Continuing Resources Cataloging Committee

Cathy Weng
Head of Cataloging
Roscoe L. West Library
The College of New Jersey