Re: Production goals Amy Wood 17 Aug 2004 12:41 UTC

Heidi and anyone else,

I am interested in your experience and thoughts for increasing
turnaround.  Our staff is small and the acquisition clerk does
everything from open the mail, and online check in to barcoding and
sending to stacks.  Please feel free to contact me offline if you
prefer.

Thanks again.

Amy

Center for Research Libraries
wood@crl.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Heidi Fisher
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 12:26 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Production goals

Hi Amy:

Any specific tasks/parts of check in?  We had to set performance
standards when the university brought in Pay for Performance for the
unionized library staff a couple of years ago.  We no longer have the
program but still maintain the standards.  We also are going to be
looking carefully at turn around time, etc. for all acquisitions tasks,
too.  You can let me know if you want my 2 cents.  Thanks! Heidi

Heidi A. Fisher
Assistant Order Librarian, Serials Acquisitions Unit
Princeton University Library
Order Division - Periodicals, Continuations
One Washington Road
Princeton, NJ  08544

fax:  609-258-0441
phone:  609-258-5415