MARC Records for E-Journals -- Heather Miller Stephen Clark 11 Aug 2004 14:44 UTC

-----Original Message-----
From: Heather Miller
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 9:52 AM
To: 'SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU'
Subject: MARC Records for E-Journals

For this November's Charleston Conference, I am looking for librarians
from libraries that have MARC records for e-journals in their OPACs.

We would like to put together a panel discussion on this topic and would
like to find several people who could share their experiences - how the
decision was made, what it took to get the records in the OPAC, whether
they are full records, one record per title or several, whether you have
MARC records for all or just some e-journals, whether your library also
has a web list, your thinking on the pros and cons of all this, etc. etc.

So, if you plan to attend the conference and would like to tell about your
experiences with MARC records for e-journals or if you would simply like
to tell me your story but not participate in the panel, I'd like to hear
from you. I'd like to find several people with different experiences, so
please tell me enough to make that determination.

One panelist will be from SUNY Albany where we have MARC records in the
OPAC for all e-journals. We do not have a separate web list of e-journals.
(A description of our experience can be found in The Serials Librarian,
v.46, no.1/2 (2004), pp. 83-98).

Thank you very much in advance!

Heather S. Miller, Assistant
Director for Technical Services and Systems
University Libraries, SUNY Albany
(518-442-3631)