Re: Database comparison resource? Marshall, Susan 29 Sep 2004 19:09 UTC

Posie,
Check out the Library Comparison Source.
http://www.lcsource.com/
They will run a test comparison for you before you buy.

ARTstor so far looks great! Our users are excited. We are planning
more online training sessions direct from ARTstor for our Art Dept.
There are so many more images in ARTstor than AMICO which is a big plus.

Sue Marshall
Electronic Resources Librarian
Renne Library
Montana State University
P.O. Box 173320
Bozeman, MT 59717-3320
smarshall@montana.edu
(406) 994-4313
Fax (406) 994-2851

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU]On Behalf Of Posie (Mariposa) Aagaard
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 12:32 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Database comparison resource?

Does anyone know of a good (unbiased) resource for comparing/assessing electronic databases?

Also, is anyone willing to comment on the pros and cons of acquiring the AMICO database versus the ARTstor database (based on personal experience)?

Thanks,

Posie Aagaard
Interim Electronic Resources Librarian
University of Texas at San Antonio