Re: Swets 2005 Sarah Stevens-Rayburn 08 Oct 2004 15:25 UTC

It seems to me if you are satisfied with their services and people, there
is no need to switch.  Their situation appears much different from the
Faxon fiasco in that they've been in business a lot longer and the changes
they are undertaking are intended to strenghthen their business.

  In the Faxon case, it seems likely (in 20-20 hindsight) that divine
bought them specifically to get the at the incoming renewal funds.  The
Faxon employees were caught off guard as much as we customers.

My understanding from Swets is that if you are concerned, you may request
that they escrow your payments.  My guess is this would cost an additional
service fee, but if it provides guaranteed (or as guaranteed as anything
can be) security for your funds, it would be worth it.

Personally, having tried one of the other agents for a year, I am quite
comfortable with the decision to switch most of our business to Swets for
2005.

Sarah

--
Sarah Stevens-Rayburn, Librarian        email: library@stsci.edu
Space Telescope Science Institute       telephone:  410-338-4961

http://sesame.stsci.edu/library.html