Re: journals for faculty research DuBose, Stefanie 15 Oct 2004 15:24 UTC

We don't--we can't afford it.  We offer cyclical exchanges that must be
approved not only by the department chair, but by our AD for Collections
as well in case it's a title that is heavily used by another department.
If there is a new program we try to find money for additional support, but
that in term affects another part of our budget.

Good luck,

Stefanie

Stefanie DuBose
Head, Acquisitions
Academic Library Services
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27258-4353
(p)252-328-2598
(f)252-328-4834
duboses@mail.ecu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU]On Behalf Of Fatmeh Charafeddine
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 1:31 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] journals for faculty research

Faculty members working on individual research project want special
journals needed for their special projects to be acquired and added to the
library collection. This is costly, time consuming because could result in
adding journals used by very few users and needed for a limited period.

What are libraries doing ? Do you always honor faculty request for
journals related to their research ?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Best Regards

Fatme Charafeddine