Re: Policy on dealing with defaced serials at academic libraries? SERIALST Moderator 25 Oct 2004 15:18 UTC

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:09:37 -0500
From: "Baumli,Vickey" <VBAUMLI@mail.nwmissouri.edu>
Subject: RE: [SERIALST] Policy on dealing with defaced serials at academic
    libraries?

Hello All,  Here in our library we keep some large boxes of discarded
periodicals that have pictures and we have signs posted around the floor
that ask people to come to our office if they need pictures out of
magazines.  We ask that they remain in our office and explain why.  This
seems to have helped our mutilation problem a lot and the students are very
appreciative of this service.

Vickey Baumli
Owens Library
NW Missouri State University