Re: Counting Electronic Journals DuBose, Stefanie 26 Oct 2004 02:05 UTC

When I turned in our statistics, I turned in subscribed titles, not the
free ones.  When I stop to think about it, I probably should include the
free ones as well since the count asks for the total number of electronic
journals [to which we offer access].

Stefanie

Stefanie DuBose
Head, Acquisitions
Academic Library Services
East Carolina University

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum on behalf of
SERIALST Moderator
Sent: Mon 10/25/2004 9:55 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Counting Electronic Journals

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:36:25 -0400
From: Edwardo Gil <gile@mail.montclair.edu>
Subject: Counting Electronic Journals

We count electronic journal titles where we have a paid subscription
either individually or collectively (eg., Project Muse). There are two
other free access sites Highwire Press and DOA Directory of Open Access
Journals both providing free periodical titles full-text.  Do you folks
count only the paid subscriptions or are you beginning to include the free
subscriptions such as DOA.

	Thank you,

	Ed Gil
	Sprague Library