CDs accompanying journal issues. Mina Muessigmann 02 Nov 2004 20:35 UTC

Lilah,
We separate the CDs from the journal issues, sending them to our Media
Center (in the library) where they are shelved using an accession number
(all CDs from one journal title shelve together). We put a label inside the
issue that says "Accompanying [CD-ROM or whatever] located in Media Center.
Call number: xxxxx"  We put a label on the CD case (which we usually supply
ourselves in the interest of filing) "Accompanies periodical with call
number xxxxxxxxxx". This means anyone wanting to use the CD must check it
out separately in Media. Gives us a bit more control and protection for the
CDs. Can't guarantee it's the best way, but that's what we do here at SDSU.
Mina

>Hello all,
>
>I am wondering what people generally do with supplementary CDs that
>accompany some journal issues.  In particular, the journal titles I.D.,
>Frieze, and Domus have had these types of supplements.  At this point, we
>have already bound the runs so I would need some sort of pocket to place
>either in the journal itself or the inside cover of the binding.   We would
>like to keep the CD with the journal ultimately.  I appreciate any advice
>from those who have some to offer.
>

>Lilah J. Mittelstaedt
>Reference Librarian
>Philadelphia Museum of Art
>26th St. & the Parkway
>P.O. Box 7646
>Philadelphia, PA  19101
>~~~
>(ph) 215.684.7652
>(fax) 215.236.0534

Mina Muessigmann
San Diego State University -- Love Library
Serials Cataloging -- LL 115
5500 Campanile Drive,  San Diego,  CA  92182-8050
(619)594-6755  email: minamues@mail.sdsu.edu