Re: Need expert advice from "Cardex" users or with small stand alone check in modules John Lucas 08 Nov 2004 16:49 UTC

Beth:

Thank you for your information. I am sorry for the delay in
responding.

Friday, I had just enough time to send out my e-mail then go home and
beat off the 'bug' i captured.

I will research it out.

Thanks again.

John Lucas

Serials Librarian
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 North State St
Jackson, MS 39216-4505

(PH) (601) 984-1277
(FAX)  ( 601) 984-1262
JLUCAS@ROWLAND.UMSMED.EDU

>>> Elizabeth.Bogdanski@IL.PROQUEST.COM 11/05/04 11:02AM >>>
Last year I worked as a solo librarian for a small museum library with
limited funds.  I chose the Surpass automation system because it was
very user friendly and affordable.  They have a serials module that you
might want to research unless you already have and did not find it
adequate.  Another option which may work is creating a system on MS
Access.  There are many libraries managing serials successfully with
Access.  I hope these suggestions help!  You are working on such an
great project, good luck!

Beth Bogdanski, MLIS
Library Holdings Consultant
ProQuest-UMI Division