Re: Need expert advice from "Cardex" users or with small stand alone check in modules John Lucas 08 Nov 2004 17:21 UTC

Hello Mary:

Anything helps, as it shows to what complexity or simplicity how others
use the boxes.  Right now I am responding to all those whom have sent
messages to me.  I will then 'digest' them and begin my plan of attack.

Thank you again for your help.

Gratefully,

John Lucas

Serials Librarian
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 North State St
Jackson, MS 39216-4505

(PH) (601) 984-1277
(FAX)  ( 601) 984-1262
JLUCAS@ROWLAND.UMSMED.EDU

>>> meedwards@AII.EDU 11/05/04 02:03PM >>>
John,

We are one of those libraries who do not have a serials module (yet!)
and still use cards.  The cards we get are from Demco.  We use Demco
No. 28-145 for our daily/weekly/biweekly periodicals and Demco 28-144 for
everything else.  On the front of daily cards, there's pretty much just
basic title and check-in information.  I use the reverse for other
things like customer service contact info., notes, expiration dates,
etc.

On the monthly cards, there are lots of things that you can use or not
use.  A space for issn would have been nice, but you can add that.

All in all, the cards work okay for basic check in and claiming.  It
just takes a bit of organization and diligence to stay on top of it.
But then again, that's life in Serialsland! :-)

Hope this helps a little.

Mary Edwards
Librarian
Art Institute of California - Los Angeles
2900 31st Street
Santa Monica, CA  90405
310-314-6154
meedwards@edmc.edu