Re: Printing from JSTOR Martha Coleman 01 Dec 2004 17:36 UTC

Hi Muriel,
I just helped a student with this.  She was using the browser print
option and I believe you need to use the print option from Adobe
Acrobat Reader.  When the first page displays, there is a small Print
button at the top of the page.  That takes you to a page where you can
"Continue printing" as high-quality pdf or select another print format.
 We usually select continue printing (students need to be patient here;
the file comes up slow) and then print from the Adobe window.  I hope I
have this right.
Martha

mgodbout wrote:

>I'm not sure that this list is where I should turn to for this
>problem but I'm hoping that someone has encountered the
>problem and has come up with a workaround solution.
>
>We subscribe to JSTOR but our students are having difficulty
>printing articles because they are PDF files and the printer
>does not process these files very well.  Has anyone encountered
>this problem and if so, what is the solution.
>
>Thank you for any suggestions.
>Muriel
>Muriel K. Godbout
>Systems Librarian