Re: Printing from JSTOR Rosemary Burgos-Mira 02 Dec 2004 14:36 UTC

PDF files are slow to print, because they are graphic images.  At my
previous job, we were one of the original subscribers to JSTOR and
printing caused a lot of problems.  One of the solutions was to buy a
dedicated server for the library and this seemed to speed up the
printing. The students should also be told to print from the Adobe print
button rather than from the website print button and they can also email
the articles to themselves and print at their leisure.
Rosemary

Rosemary Burgos-Mira
Acquisitions/Gift Librarian
B.Davis Schwartz Memorial Library
C.W. Post Campus-L.I.U.
720 Northern Blvd.
Brookville, NY 11548
(516)299-3526
(516)299-2470-fax
rosemary.burgos-mira@liu.edu

________________________________

From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum on behalf of mgodbout
Sent: Wed 12/1/2004 4:20 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Printing from JSTOR

I'm not sure that this list is where I should turn to for this
problem but I'm hoping that someone has encountered the
problem and has come up with a workaround solution.

We subscribe to JSTOR but our students are having difficulty
printing articles because they are PDF files and the printer
does not process these files very well.  Has anyone encountered
this problem and if so, what is the solution.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Muriel
Muriel K. Godbout
Systems Librarian