Re: Core collection subject lists Janice Ouellette 27 Jan 2005 14:01 UTC

Hi all-
The Brandon Hill book/journal lists ceased in 2003. In fact, for the
Nursing titles that list ceased in 2002. Does anyone know if a similar
list has been created since then?

Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Hill, Katherine
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:28 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Core collection subject lists

    Mark, we have made good use of the Brandon-Hill lists of recommended
journals in the health fields.  I believe they used to publish every
other year in Nursing Outlook for nursing, and Bulletin of the Medical
Library Association for allied health.  They also did a list for small
medical libraries.  I don't find a reference newer than 2000 for any of
these.
    I wish we had such a list for every discipline we teach.
Brandon-Hill included items starred for first purchase.  When requests
came in from faculty, we checked the list before responding.  I haven't
checked on it this year, but you might be able to find out if they
intend to continue the lists.
    I'll be very interested in the responses you get.
Katherine H. Hill
Department Chair, North Campus Library
Circulation/Serials Librarian
Erie Community College