Re: self-service check outs at libraries Garry Church 12 Jan 2005 19:57 UTC

You might talk to some public libraries/librarians that use these
self-service machines. Ideally, they would have reviewed the literature in
their decision to use them. This means actually interacting with other
people to find things out. A physical site visit would also give you a lot
of observational information. IN person, you could do some qualitative
research on those who use these machines - patrons to get some feedback
-on site interviews, surveys, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Maha Kumaran
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 2:53 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] self-service check outs at libraries

Hi,
I am new on this list and am looking for some help on
articles/information/papers published on self-service checkouts at
libraries.  I am interested in writing a research paper on this for school
and would appreciate any help any of you can give me.  Personal opinions
are welcome too.  Maha Kumaran

Maha Kumaran
Information Professional