Re: The Return of Mrs. Larson (RE: Scam alert) Buck, Tina Herman 14 Jan 2005 21:18 UTC

Rick,
You blew her chances to scam scores of libraries.  Perhaps she thought
since she hadn't intimidated you into paying for the "directory", she
could cut her losses and intimidate you into a public apology.  Faulty
logic, but ...

Tina Herman Buck
Collection and Bibliographic Services
Hennepin County Library
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305-1909
phone: 952-847-8548     fax: 952-847-8642
tbuck@hclib.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Anderson [mailto:rickand@UNR.EDU]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 3:01 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] The Return of Mrs. Larson (RE: Scam alert)

Thanks, Susan.  I'd be shocked if it actually came to that -- partly
because I don't think I've said anything actionable, and partly because
the last thing these guys want is to face anyone in a courtroom.  Though
I confess to being surprised that she went to the trouble to call me
this morning -- her smartest move would have been to sit tight and be
quiet.  Ah, well.

Rick