Re: Internship advice wanted Skwor, Jeanette 21 Jan 2005 21:16 UTC

I hope some people will respond to the list, and/or you will share what
you get; I'd be interested in seeing what others do also.

I had an intern last year and basically had her working on every aspect
of serials work from sorting the mail and stamping periodicals to
dealing with the ramifications of the divine, Inc. bankruptcy.

Jeanette L. Skwor
Serials Dept.
Cofrin Library
University of Wisconsin - Green Bay
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
(920) 465-2670

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of David Brautigam
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 2:36 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Internship advice wanted

Colleagues -
                Later this spring I will be working  for several weeks
with an undergraduate senior considering librarianship as a career, my
areas being periodicals and our science library. I would like your
suggestions on what you think are the things (both major and lesser)
that such a person should be exposed to in the periodicals world.
(Others will do ref., acq., cat., admin.,  etc..)    Replies should
probably be off list and should come me at
< dbrautig@westminster.edu > .           Thank you in advance for your
thinking.

                                        David Brautigam
                                        Periodicals/Science Libn.