Re: Binding Incomplete volumes Corrice, Julia A. 10 Mar 2005 13:56 UTC

We don't end up binding a volume if an issue is missing. We try to
locate the missing issue (even if it is out of print the publisher is
sometimes willing to make a photocopy, or you can print out the online
version). If that is not possible, we place the loose issues in a file
case and shelve it in the appropriate place.

Julia Corrice, Serials
Rakow Library
Corning Museum of Glass
5 Museum Way
Corning, NY 14830
(607) 974-8406
corriceja@cmog.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvia McAphee [mailto:smcaphee@UAB.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:46 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Binding Incomplete volumes

Good afternoon!
I am trying to find out how other libraries handle binding incomplete
serial volumes where 1 or 2 issues are missing.  Do you bind them or
not?  Also, what do you place on the spines of those bound volumes,
e.g.,  Incomplete, Lacks v. 51 n. 1?  Any information you could share
with me would be most appreciated.  Thank you in advance and have a
great day!

Sylvia McAphee
Serials Library Associate I
LHL 250- 1700 University Blvd.