Re: Binding Incomplete volumes Laura Vogler 10 Mar 2005 17:29 UTC

We bind incomplete volumes.  However, I will wait at least one year to do
this as issues will often mysteriously reappear.  I also try to find the
missing issue through a couple of back issue sources or the publisher.  I
will indicate on the spine what is missing.

v.25
2004
Mssg. June

Laura

At 02:45 PM 3/9/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>Good afternoon!
>I am trying to find out how other libraries handle binding incomplete
>serial volumes where 1 or 2 issues are missing.  Do you bind them or
>not?  Also, what do you place on the spines of those bound volumes,
>e.g.,  Incomplete, Lacks v. 51 n. 1?  Any information you could share
>with me would be most appreciated.  Thank you in advance and have a
>great day!
>
>Sylvia McAphee
>Serials Library Associate I
>LHL 250- 1700 University Blvd.