Re: Botanical Review Christopher Allen Waldrop 18 Mar 2005 16:08 UTC

Jeanette,
We moved our subscription to online-only for 2005, but prior to
that we got all our 2004 issues. Both v.70 nos.1 and 2 were
received in September 2004, no.3 was received in November, and no.4
was received in January 2005. I don't know whether it made any
difference, but we had this subscription through a vendor. Vendors
may be able to put a little more pressure on the publisher to get
its act together than a single library.

I also checked one of our vendor databases and, according to them,
v.71 no.1 is expected at the end of April.

--On Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:37 AM -0600 "Skwor, Jeanette"
<skworj@UWGB.EDU> wrote:

> Is anyone else having receipt problems with this title?
>
> The library catalogues I search regularly seem to be getting it
> in a timely fashion, but I am being given one excuse after
> another.
>
> On October 26, I claimed vol. 70, nos. 1 and 2 which I saw
> checked in on others' catalogues.  I received a response a month
> later, those issues "were just published" and we should be
> receiving them "soon".  I reclaimed in January, which elicited
> the excuse that the pub is " in the process of entering all of
> our subscribers into our new subscription system.  Once they have
> updated all records missed issues will be sent to all paid
> subscribers. "
>
> By the end of January, other libraries also were holding # 3 and
> #4 of the volume.  I emailed our vendor again, and finally, on
> Feb. 8, received #1 and #2.  I told our vendor that, and advised
> them at that time to claim #3 and #4.
>
> I've not heard nor received any more issues and before I reclaim
> them, thought it would be wise to find out what others' are
> experiencing.
>
> TIA -
>
> Jeanette L. Skwor
> Cofrin Library
> University of WI-Green Bay
> (920) 465-2670
>
> "Libraries will get you through times of no money better than
> money will get you through times of no libraries."
>                               Anne Herbert, The Whole Earth
> Catalog

Christopher Allen Waldrop
Serials Coordinator