Re: American Printer Volume Number problem Arnold, Teresa 22 Mar 2005 20:38 UTC

Hi, Jewel,

Yes, we get this title, too.  At first I thought it was a misnumbering.  But
the Feb and March issues are also vol 122.  Primedia did attempt an
"explanation"--it's in teeny tiny print at the bottom of the masthead.  I
don't have it in front of me, but it simply stated they were resetting the
numbering.  I have found Primedia to be notorious for making weird,
unintelligible changes to their publications.  I just chalked this up to
another wacky day in Serials!

Teresa Arnold
Serials Librarian

Free Library of Philadelphia
Serials Section                       phone:  215-686-5391
2000 Hamilton Street - LL     fax:       215-686-5419
Philadelphia, PA  19130
http://www.library.phila.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Jewel Rucker
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:25 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] American Printer Volume Number problem

For those who subscribe to American Printer has anyone noticed the
volume number has gone from v. 234, Oct-Dec to Jan thru March, v. 122?

The answer I got from Primedia made no sense.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this strange change.

Thanks,
jewel

Ms. A. Jewel Rucker
Library Associate /Periodicals Dept.