Re: examples of tricky title histories Susan Davis 21 Apr 2005 14:54 UTC

Steve, why don't you check out the "winners" of the ALCTS/Serials Section/
Worst Serial Title Change of the Year for some good examples?

http://www.ala.org/ala/alctscontent/serialssection/serialscomm/worstserialt
itle/worstserialtitle.htm

Susan Davis, longtime fan of this humorous tongue-in-cheek opportunity to
vent a little and laugh a lot over some of the things that make life in
serials so interesting

--On Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:36 AM -0400 "STEVE
BLACK@FACULTY@ACADEMICAFFAIRS" <BLACKS@MAIL.STROSE.EDU> wrote:

> Do you have a "favorite" example of a magazine or journal with a
> particularly convoluted title history? I would like to know what it is.
> (I'd like some fresh examples for the serials course I teach at
> SUNY-Albany.)
>
> Although it will exclude some real doozies, please no series or
> government publications. I want to challenge the students, but not drive
> them crazy!
>
> Please reply to me directly, and I'll summarize for the list.
>
> Steve Black
> Reference, Serials, and Instruction Librarian
> The College of Saint Rose
> 392 Western Avenue
> Albany, NY 12203-1419
> blacks@strose.edu
> (518)458-5494

Susan Davis
Head, Electronic Periodicals Management Department
University at Buffalo (SUNY)
134 Lockwood Library
Buffalo, NY  14260-2210
(716) 645-2784