Re: examples of tricky title histories Lynne Weaver 21 Apr 2005 16:34 UTC

...and then there's my all-time favorite:

1857-1932  The Atlantic Monthly
1932-1971  The Atlantic
1971-1981  The Atlantic Monthly
1981-1993  The Atlantic
1993-current  The Atlantic Monthly (which now has The Atlantic on the cover and contents pages, although the publisher's statement and page-bottoms still say The Atlantic Monthly)!

Lynne N. Weaver
Serials Coordinator
Lipscomb Library
Randolph-Macon Woman's College
2500 Rivermont Avenue
Lynchburg, VA  24503
434 947-8396
434 947-8134 (FAX)
lweaver@rmwc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU]On Behalf Of STEVE
BLACK@FACULTY@ACADEMICAFFAIRS
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:36 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] examples of tricky title histories

Do you have a "favorite" example of a magazine or journal with a
particularly convoluted title history? I would like to know what it is.
(I'd like some fresh examples for the serials course I teach at
SUNY-Albany.)

Although it will exclude some real doozies, please no series or
government publications. I want to challenge the students, but not drive
them crazy!

Please reply to me directly, and I'll summarize for the list.

Steve Black
Reference, Serials, and Instruction Librarian
The College of Saint Rose
392 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203-1419
blacks@strose.edu