Purchased MARC Records and OCLC -- Nancy Chaffin Stephen Clark 05 Apr 2005 12:58 UTC

-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Chaffin [mailto:Nancy.Chaffin@COLOSTATE.EDU]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 3:40 PM

Hello all,

(Posted to ERIL-L and SERIALST--my apologies for any duplication)

Here at CSU we are considering purchasing full MARC record sets for all
of our electronic journals. The particular service we are considering is
MARCit! from Ex Libris, but this question would apply to
SerialsSolutions customers and others who acquire record sets from other
services.

Do you update your holdings on OCLC or RLIN once you have loaded these
records into your own ILS?
Can you list issues considered as part of your decision?

Please reply off-list, to nancy.chaffin@colostate.edu

I would be happy to post a *summary* (no names) to both discussion lists
if there is interest.

Thank you,

Nancy
--