Re: University Subscription Services Roberta Winjum 03 May 2005 16:16 UTC

Some years ago at another library, we had an Ebsco person, not our
usual sales rep, who negotiated with the manager of an on-campus
fast food restaurant to donate subscriptions to the library of
about a dozen popular titles. Ebsco provided those clear plastic
protective covers with a label giving the restaurant credit for the
gift. The titles weren't always exactly ones we would have chosen,
but it still was a win-win deal for students, the restaurant, and
the library (maybe even Ebsco?). The magazines were definitely
well-read. I don't know if the program still exists, but maybe your
Ebsco rep can tell you.

The only problem I can recall with this arrangement was assigning
someone to put the magazines into the plastic folders. The folders
are a good idea, though, as they identify the "lounge" copies and
protect them a bit.

Roberta

--On Tuesday, May 03, 2005 10:15 AM -0500 Tricia Jauquet