Re: Ingenta problems Jenny Lockwood 03 May 2005 20:28 UTC

Dear Amel,
When you say you offered a three month grace period, are you saying the
first 2005 issues were accessible even though they did not have a
subscribed indicator in front of them ?  If they did not show the yellow S,
I assumed we would not be able to download the PDF (I'm not sure what our
patrons thought).   Like many customers, our library has had a difficult
time getting our 2005 access updated.  We have enlisted the aid of
publishers as well as our subscription agent to get these updated.  As a
library, we will eventually get the content  we paid for, but our students
whose needs are determined within the time constraints of a semester were
out of luck for the Spring Semester of 2005 if they wanted a current
issue.  This is a particular hardship for a title which may be online
access only. Hopefully, the delay in subscription updates was in part a
result of  your merge and not something that we can expect with future
subscription periods. (Like other listserv participants, we are having
problems with Behaviour which may be publisher related) I also hope we will
still receive timely service whether we subscribe to the Premium service or
not.