Re: Request to CONSER members re: OCLC #23980286 Konstantin Gurevich 01 Jun 2005 13:09 UTC

  Trouble is, our SFX coordinator wants print ISSNs rather than e-ISSNs,
so we cannot go this way, which SerSol duly suggested. From all the
replies, I'm beginning to think we need to tweak smth in our SFX for
starters... Thanks!

Konstantin Gurevich
Head, Serials Cataloging
Rush Rhees Library
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627-0055
Phone (585) 275-9452
E-mail: kgurevich@library.rochester.edu

>>> penningtonb@UMKC.EDU 5/31/2005 3:49:12 PM >>>
Is it possible that Serials Solutions somehow miscoded that 022|y for
your bib record?  Their knowledge base is not recognizing 1534-8431
for
Technical Communications Quarterly.

Can your profile for your Serials Solutions MARC records be tweaked to
exclude 022|y values? One of the customization options is to have
Serials Solutions strip the 022 out and replace it with their own
version.  Their version lists the e-ISSN in the subfield a and the
print
ISSN in the subfield y.  Perhaps it is just a matter of Serials
Solutions fixing the 022 they are using for that record?

Buddy Pennington
Serial Acquisitions Librarian
UMKC - University Libraries
800 E. 51st Street
Kansas City, MO  64110
816-235-1548
816-333-5584 (fax)
penningtonb@umkc.edu

UMKC University Libraries: Connecting Learners to the World of
Knowledge

www.umkc.edu/lib