Re: Relabeling buckram bindings Susan Wishnetsky 27 Jun 2005 18:08 UTC

At 03:10 PM 6/24/2005, John Lucas wrote:
>Check with your bindery.   They should have some solvent that will
>remove the lettering with a little rubbing (We use a q-tip) ...

You can use nail polish remover.  I use a q-tip, too. But not only does it
remove the coloring of the buckram, it can also damage it -- wrecking the
"finish" -- so use sparingly and precisely.  SW

Susan Wishnetsky
Serials and Electronic Collections Librarian
Galter Health Sciences Library
The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
303 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611-3008

(312) 503-9351
FAX (312) 503-1204