Deadline Extension: Project MUSE Functionality Study (Aileen McHugh) Bob Persing 21 Jun 2005 12:23 UTC

Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:02:20 -0400
From: "Aileen McHugh" <AMM@press.jhu.edu>
To: <SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>
Subject: Deadline Extension: Project MUSE Functionality Study

Apologies for Cross Posting

Dear Colleagues and Customers,

Many thanks to the more than 300 librarians worldwide who have responded
to the Project MUSE Functionality Survey. Your input is invaluable in
helping us shape our future. Recognizing that June is busy for
librarians, we have extended the survey's deadline to June 30. The
invitation with the revised deadline follows:

Project MUSE (http://muse.jhu.edu), a collection of 270 peer-reviewed
journals in the humanities and social sciences from nearly 60
not-for-profit publishers, invites your participation in a web-based
survey on functionality, interface, and navigation for our users
worldwide. The survey web site is http://muse.jhu.edu/survey.
If you have a library-world related blog, please feel free to cross-link
to this survey. Please complete the survey by Thursday, June 30, 2005.
Multiple responses from individuals in differing roles and at the same
library are welcome, since one individual may not be the best person to
respond to every question.

The survey will take 15 to 30 minutes. The survey will save your place
if you wish to exit and return, provided no one else accesses the survey
from the same browser. Those who complete the survey and include an
email address will be entered into a drawing for five gift certificates
of $50 each to Amazon.com. For academic libraries in the US, the survey
will ask for your institution's Carnegie Classification. To look up your
classification before beginning, please follow this link:
http://www.carnegiefoundation.org/Classification/
(International, public, and special libraries will not be asked for a
Carnegie Classification.)

If your library does not subscribe to Project MUSE, sample journal
issues and more information may be accessed at http://muse.jhu.edu. The
search function may be used, and tables of contents and abstracts viewed
without a subscription. Trial access to the entire Project MUSE database
may be requested for media review and for prospective subscribers by
completing the form at
http://tools.muse.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/trial_access.cgi

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Aileen M. McHugh
Director, Project MUSE
The Johns Hopkins University Press
2715 N. Charles Street