Re: Italian Architecture publication claims Corrice, Julia A. 08 Jul 2005 12:58 UTC

We receive Ottagono at our library as well...and right now I have 5
issues claimed due to non-receipt. They ususally send us the issues we
claim, but only after I've claimed them 4 or 5 times. I have never
received a note from this publisher stating that claims are not honored
outside of Europe. Also, I've found sending the claim in Italian
expedites the process.

We receive several other Italian magazines, and Ottagono is actually one
of the better ones in terms of receipt and claiming. Our holdings for
Illuminotecnica look like swiss cheese.

Julia Corrice, Serials
Rakow Library
Corning Museum of Glass
5 Museum Way
Corning, NY 14830
(607) 974-8406
(607)974-8677 fax
corriceja@cmog.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Dice Roberta [mailto:Roberta.Dice@CUDENVER.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 7:35 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Italian Architecture publication claims

Has anyone been successful in contacting Casabella and Ottagono
regarding delivery problems  and claims? We receive Casabella and
Ottagono at our library. These publications are  very important to our
architecture and design students and faculty. We have noticed the  fact
that although they are published in Italy ,they may be mailed elsewhere.
The packaging  for Casabella is a rather flimsy wrapper resembling Saran
wrap. We have had numerous  delivery problems with skipped issues and
non-service. Have any of you experienced  similar problems? How have you
solved them? Also we received the May 2005 issue of  Ottagono with a
large hole in the box. It caused water damage and pages to stick
together so we  decided to not send it to the stacks because of possible
mold issues. When we previously  claimed Ottagono we received a response
saying "claims not honored outside of Europe".  What has been your
experience regarding claims for Ottagono in North American libraries?

Thanks for your input.  Roberta Dice Library Technician Auraria Library
Denver, Colorado Roberta.Dice@cudenver.edu