Re: Ref ?: Graphic Impressions ISSN Regina Reynolds 03 Aug 2005 16:57 UTC

Barbara,

The CONSER database (part of WorldCat) contains all U.S. ISSN, since that
is the database in which the U.S. ISSN center (NSDP) creates records for
the U.S. imprints to which it assigns ISSN.  If you have not been able to
locate a record in WorldCat, the publication probably does not have an
ISSN.  Please encourage the publisher to apply for an ISSN.  Application
forms can be found on NSDP's home page:  www.loc.gov/issn

Please note that the CONSER database is by no means a complete source of
ISSN for publications other than U.S. imprints.  The complete
international ISSN database is available from the ISSN International
Centre (www.issn.org) via an online subscription product called the ISSN
Portal, as well as in CD-ROM and as a datafile.

Regina  R. Reynolds                     email: rrey@loc.gov
Head, National Serials Data Program     voice: (202) 707-6379
Library of Congress                     fax    (202) 707-6333
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.           ISSN Web page: lcweb.loc.gov/issn/
Washington, D.C. 20540-4160