Procedure for binding journals incomplete (2 messages) SERIALST Moderator 26 Sep 2005 18:03 UTC

2 messages:

(1)-------------------
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:30:28 -0500
From: "Skwor, Jeanette" <skworj@uwgb.edu>
Subject: RE: [SERIALST] Procedure for binding journals incomplete

I NEVER bind incomplete.  I inherited too many done that way, and
unmarked, when I began here.  (Actually, some had little notes on the
inside, in pencil, "missing August", etc.  It just never occurred to me
to open bound volumes to see if all the issues were there.)

I certainly do claim, and use Backserv, and have been known to whine to
friends with subscriptions, but if I cannot get what is missing, the
issues remain loose.

Thanks,

Jeanette L. Skwor
Cofrin Library
University of WI-Green Bay
(920) 465-2670

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will
get you through times of no libraries."
                              Anne Herbert, The Whole Earth Catalog

(2)-------------------
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:49:14 -0600
From: Rose Marie Parsons <RoseParsons@boisestate.edu>

Barb,

Albertsons Library at Boise State University does not bind incomplete.
Issues that are part of incomplete volumes are shelved in the main
collection in archival boxes until the missing issues are obtained. This
library uses backfile vendors like USBE, Kuperus and PSC to purchase
missing issues when possible and also uses duplicate exchange to complete
our holdings.

Rose Marie Parsons
Albertsons Library
Boise State University