Re: Scopus Rick Anderson 08 Sep 2005 19:54 UTC

> I'd like to hear comments from institutions who are using  Elsevier's
> new  and  pricey search engine.  It looks great, but is it worth the
> money?

Not for us.  Scopus is a fine product, and we're impressed with it.
We're also sure that if we purchased it, our users would like it and use
it heavily.  The problem is that no matter how you slice it, it's a
$70,000 citation index.  If we had millions of dollars lying around
waiting for us to find a use for them, we might consider it.  But even
if we did have money to burn, the pricing seems kind of ridiculous to
us.

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition