Re: Scopus Parang, Elizabeth 09 Sep 2005 15:00 UTC

A "free comparative review" of Web of Science (2004 ed.) vs Scopus is
available in the Volume 6, Number 3, January 2005 of the Charleston Advisor
http://www.charlestonco.com/comp.cfm?id=43

Elizabeth Parang
Serials/Electronic Resources Librarian
Pepperdine University Libraries
Malibu, CA 90263
(310) 506-4046
elizabeth.parang@pepperdine.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Jones [mailto:djones@SFBR.ORG]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 7:44 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Scopus

I would be interested in seeing comparative data if anyone has done this.
I've heard anecdotes that Scopus is especially strong covering the published
literature (and more) of engineering and the applied sciences, not so strong
covering the life sciences, social sciences and humanities.

If anyone has recent data comparing
Scopus vs PsycINFO
Scopus vs BIOSIS
Scopus vs PubMed
Scopus vs Web of Knowledge
	Science Citation Index ExpandedT
	Social Sciences Citation IndexR,
	Arts & Humanities Citation IndexR,
	and two additional databases that allow users to combine chemistry
searches with general searches:
		Current Chemical ReactionsR and Index Chemicus

Has anyone compared the journal title lists and years of coverage for any of
these?  What about comparative subject searches to see if key references
appear?

It would be wise for some of the A&I producers to do this type of comparison
(or to commission someone elst to do it) if they want their products to
survive.

Regards,
Danny

=======================
Daniel H. Jones, M.L.S.
Librarian
Preston G. Northrup Memorial Library
Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research
Shipping address:
     7620 NW Loop 410
     San Antonio, TX  78227-5301
Mailing address: