Re: World of Learning Corrice, Julia A. 01 Nov 2005 16:09 UTC

The reason why I am unsure that it falls into this exception is that
there is a change in the corporate body as well, which is what makes it
so confusing. I received this information concerning the corporate body
last week:

"Europa is an imprint owned by Taylor and Francis, recently they
amalgamated many of their imprints (Carfax, Europa, etc) into the two
imprints Routledge and Taylor and Francis."

It is after this amalgamtion that "Europa" was added to the title.

It was the "same corporate body" phrase that made me think it did not
apply to this case,making it an addition to the first five words and a
major change. But I'm not sure what the definition of "same corporate
body" is.

I still don't whether to import the OCLC record or not. They haven't
closed off the old one yet.

Julia

-----Original Message-----
From: Jana Brubaker [mailto:C60JPB1@WPO.CSO.NIU.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:29 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] World of Learning

If you look at 21.2C2 part B in AACR2R with 2002 revisions you will find
a definition of minor title changes for serials.  In section iii it says
that a change involving the "addition, deletion, or rearrangement of the
name of the same corporate body or the substitution of a variant form"
is a minor change. Module 16 in the CONSER Cataloging Manual 2002
edition gives some additional explanation. I'll admit that I find it a
bit confusing.  For example, what do they mean by the "same corporate
body" when a corporate body has been added to the beginning of a title?

Jana Brubaker
Serials Catalog Librarian
Northern Illinois University

>>> llw@GWU.EDU 10/31/05 6:00 AM >>>
Since the change is an additon to the first five words of the title
(AACR2 21.2A1) I considered it to be a title change and found OCLC
cataloging for it as a new title, #61894133.  I don't consider it to
fall under any of the exceptions listed in 21.2A2.  Exception c comes
closest but to me c is for changes in the form of the name of a
corporate body that is already in the title.
Linda Wirth