Re: Does your library retain annual TOC supplements? Kump, Cindy 22 Nov 2005 16:58 UTC

I work in a small academic library and we always keep these.  You never
know when the system will go down.

Cindy

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Naomi Young
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 10:55 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Does your library retain annual TOC supplements?

I am forwarding this message on behalf of a colleague in the publishing
industry who is not a subscriber. Please reply to the list, or to me,
and I will pass your responses on, as well as summarizing for the list.
(If you wish your response to be stripped of identifying information, I
will; but it may be helpful to her to know what types of libraries are
responding.)

She asks: Do librarians still need/want a printed annual supplement that
combines the tables of contents for an entire volume of a journal (in
our case, five issues a year)--or do they pull the supplement out and
recycle it because all the pertinent information is available
electronically now?

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Naomi K. Young
Principal Serials Cataloger