Barcodes & Property stamps (4 messages) Ann Ercelawn 16 Nov 2005 15:50 UTC

1)_____

Subject: RE: [SERIALST] Barcodes & Property stamps
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:30:52 -0600
From: "Mays, Allison" <maysap@millsaps.edu>

For hardbound books and paperbacks, we put our barcodes on the
inside front cover, upper right corner.

As for stamping, we do the title page and page 33. We also stamp
the outside end pages, all 3 sides.

We don't barcode bound journals. We just stamp the outside end
pages and inside the front. For loose issues, we put call numbers
on a 1x3 inch label and stamp the right side of the label with the
property stamp.

Allison P. Mays
Acquisitions/Serials Librarian
Millsaps College
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
601-974-1083
maysap@millsaps.edu

Date: 16 Nov 2005 10:30:03 -0500
Sender: Pamela Contakos <pamela.contakos@sit.edu>
From: Pamela Contakos <pamela.contakos@sit.edu>

For monographs we stamp our property stamp on the front page and
the inside of the back cover. Both are in the lower right hand
corner.  For serials we stamp the front with a stamp with the
library name and the current date. Both get barcodes on the upper
left hand corner of the inside of the back flap.

--
Pamela Contakos
Assistant Director

3)______

From: "Alta Hepner" <AHEPNE@state.wy.us>
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:34:05 -0700

Good morning Sue,
I usually put our property stamp on the title page of the
publication.
Or on the outside wherever it won't cover up wording.  All barcodes
we put by the left spine towards the top with the numbers facing to
the right.  Hope this helps.

Have a great day!!!

Alta Hepner
Library Tech
Federal Documents
Serials
Wyoming State Library
Supreme Court Building
2301 Capitol Ave.
Cheyenne WY 82002
307-777-7282
ahepne@state.wy.us

4)______

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:41:02 -0600
From: Sarah Sanford <ssanford@gustavus.edu>

We property stamp our periodicals once on the inside cover. I'm not
sure what other departments do, but I would guess they also prop.
stamp just once and most likely in the inside cover.

In periodicals, we place our barcodes on the upper left-hand back
(outside) cover.

Sarah Sanford
Serials Manager
Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library