Re: ISSN question Barbara Pope 17 Nov 2005 15:21 UTC

I have been working in libraries professionally for almost 9 years in
different capacities.  I came to my current job as a serials librarian
not knowing much about serials and so I have had a lot to learn.  I have
also had to fix a lot of errors in serials records, such as incorrect or
missing ISSNs.  The missing or incorrect ISSN caused our Article Linker
to not be able to link to the record.  I emailed the serials listserv
for help.  Someone at the National Serials Data Project at the Library
of Congress responded and told me if I had any problems with ISSNs, I
could email them at issn@loc.gov.  They are very helpful in researching
these problems and giving a definitive answer.

Barbara Pope, MALS
Reference/Periodicals Librarian
Axe Library
Pittsburg State University