Re: Wall Street Journal full text? Stokes, Judith 26 Jan 2006 21:05 UTC

Proquest sells the Wall Street Journal in full text. We don't buy it
here, but we do buy the New York Times and our local newspaper from
them. There's info about WSJ on their site
http://www.il.proquest.com/products_pq/descriptions/wall_street_journal.
shtml

Judith Stokes, Serials Librarian

James P. Adams Library

Rhode Island College

Providence, RI 02908-1991

(401)456-8165

JStokes@RIC.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Arnold, Diane
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 2:09 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Wall Street Journal full text?

Hello,

Do you get the Wall Street Journal in full text electronically, with

access through IP recognition? (None of this "Wall Street Journal

Abstracts"! We're looking for the full text.) When I called they said

the only way to get it electronically was through a subscription, but

that it was highly personalized for a single user. On top of that, the

access is through username/password, not IP recognition.

Is this really true? Please tell me how you provide this to your

students. We currently subscribe, but I don't have room to archive more

than a few months.

Thank you.

Diane Arnold

Serials Librarian