Re: The fine art of counting Skwor, Jeanette 13 Jan 2006 21:05 UTC

My personal favorite remains _Industry Week_ , published monthly.

Thanks,

Jeanette L. Skwor
Cofrin Library
University of WI-Green Bay
(920) 465-2670

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will
get you through times of no libraries."
                              Anne Herbert, The Whole Earth Catalog

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Bob Persing
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 7:07 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] The fine art of counting

A little serials humor for a Friday:

ALCTS gives out awards each year for the "worst serial title change". As
far as I know, there's no similar award for numbering, but I see a lot
of numbering problems each year that are pretty amusing (in retrospect).

The one on my desk right now is The American Enterprise (ISSN
1047-3572). Here's what it said on its masthead in 2005:

Jan./Feb. through July/Aug. issues: "Published eight times per year"
Sept.: "published monthly"
Oct./Dec.: "published ten times per year"

How many issues did it actually publish in 2005? Seven.

Anyone have other good recent examples?

:-) Bob Persing