Re: recording logins in MFHD Stokes, Judith 01 Feb 2006 15:13 UTC

We use EbscoHost EJS, Enhanced for all our passworded e-journals because
we can not only keep administrative notes in the "registration tracker,"
but we can reveal the passwords our users need (for publications that
don't provide IP access) in the  "access notes." Access notes display on
the EJS journal home page, which is proxy protected, so only our users
see them.

Best,

Judith Stokes, Serials Librarian
James P. Adams Library
Rhode Island College
Providence, RI 02908-1991
(401)456-8165
JStokes@RIC.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of STEVE
BLACK@FACULTY@ACADEMICAFFAIRS
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:05 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] recording logins in MFHD

Do any of you record the logins and passwords for individual online
journals in their MFHD records?

If yes, which field did you choose?

If no, what electronic resource management product or alternative do you
recommend for keeping track of all the logins and passwords?

Thank you,

Steve Black
Reference, Serials, and Instruction Librarian
The College of Saint Rose
392 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203-1419
blacks@strose.edu