Re: FileMaker Pro and Access Rumph, Virginia 16 Feb 2006 18:20 UTC

Kyle,

	I maintain 3 FMP databases, and was advised by our systems
librarians that Access in not as good as FMP for what I am using them
for, so I shouldn't waste my time moving.  What is the impetus for
moving to Access?  Thanks.

Virginia A. Rumph
Serials Librarian
Irwin Library
Butler University
4600 Sunset Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46208

vrumph@butler.edu
(317) 940-6491 (phone)
(317) 940-8039 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Winward, Kyle D
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 12:02 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] FileMaker Pro and Access

We currently keep much of our serials financial and subscription
information on a FileMaker Pro 4.1 database. We eventually need to
transfer the information to an Access database. If any of you have had
experience with transferring files between these two programs, I would
appreciate any feedback and tips you might have.

Thanks in advance for any information,

Kyle D. Winward

Assistant Collection Development Librarian/

Assistant Professor of Library Science,

Duane G. Meyer Library,

Missouri State University

901 South National Avenue