Re: Cataloging Question Diane Paldan 21 Feb 2006 13:08 UTC

As a follow up question.

Is there a place anywhere that tracks and documents the publisher history
on serials.  I can easily find current and original publisher but not when
changes occurred.   With so much shifting between publishers and takeovers
I could use this information.  I keep thinking this must be some tool I
should know about -- but don't.
Diane

At 11:40 PM 2/20/2006, you wrote:
>037 contains the current subscription address.  Original publisher is in 260.
>
>Steve Shadle/Serials Access Librarian  *****  shadle@u.washington.edu
>University of Washington Libraries      ***     Phone: (206) 685-3983
>Seattle, WA 98195-2900                   *        Fax: (206) 685-8743
>
>On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Shankle, Jean wrote:
>
>>I am still pretty green when it comes to cataloging periodicals.  I am
>>not finding in my Conser binders the answer to my question.  When the
>>publisher of a periodical has changed, what field does that information
>>go in?  I know that 037 contains the original publisher.  But the
>>current one?
>>Thanks for your help!
>>
>>Thank you.
>>Jean
>>
>>############################
>>Miss Jean Shankle
>>Periodical Librarian
>>jshankle@pcci.edu
>>Pensacola Christian College Library
>>Box 18000
>>Pensacola, FL 32523

Diane Paldan
Serials/Preservation Librarian
Materials Processing & Preservation / Materials Storage
Public Services

159 Science and Engineering Library
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI  48202