Re: Serials Solutions Article Linker Pennington, Buddy D. 09 Feb 2006 19:06 UTC

I want to second that last part.  We do not currently have our print
holdings in the AMS portal, but on the Article Linker results page, we
provide easy links to search our catalog by ISSN or journal title.  So
if they don't find any electronic content, one more click will take them
to our catalog and perform the search for them.

Buddy Pennington
Serial Acquisitions Librarian
UMKC - University Libraries
800 E. 51st Street
Kansas City, MO  64110
816-235-1548
816-333-5584 (fax)
penningtonb@umkc.edu

UMKC University Libraries: Connecting Learners to the World of Knowledge

www.umkc.edu/lib

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Stokes, Judith
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 12:06 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Serials Solutions Article Linker

I would advise anyone who is implementing Article Linker to add your
print holdings to your A-Z, if you have not already. Article Linker is
so popular that students will simply ignore citations that don't link.
If they get a link that goes to your catalog record though, some of them
will follow through and go get the print journal from the stacks.

Good luck,
Judith Stokes, Serials Librarian
James P. Adams Library
Rhode Island College