Re: Binding JSTOR titles Mays, Allison 22 Mar 2006 14:20 UTC

Diane -

We are not actively withdrawing JSTOR titles but have stopped binding
them. I have space for them but if we get into a crunch, they'll be the
first to go. We just keep ours on the shelf with the current loose
issues in some kind of a magazine file, cardboard or metal, or use a
bookend.

As for donating, I think there may be a glut of them. USBE, a duplicate
vendor, was not taking anymore JSTOR titles as of a couple of years ago.
But you never know. You could try some of the duplicate exchange
listservs through ALA. I don't know if any libraries on the coast would
be interested; they may just prefer to go with the online.

Allison P. Mays
Acquisitions/Serials Librarian
Millsaps College
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
601-974-1083
maysap@millsaps.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Diane Paldan
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:11 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Binding JSTOR titles

I would like to hear from any libraries that are withdrawing JSTOR
issues
once they become available online.  How are you storing issues until
then?   It can be several years worth.  Have you gone back and withdrawn

earlier volumes?  Is there a good option for donating these volumes?

Sorry -- forgot to sign
Diane

Diane Paldan
Serials/Preservation Librarian
Materials Processing & Preservation / Materials Storage
Public Services

159 Science and Engineering Library
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI  48202